HKU Executive Certificate in Leadership and People Management
HKU Executive Certificate in Leadership and People Management
8 Days (4 modules, 2 days each)
HK$48,000 (Enroll 4 modules)
HK$13,000 (if enroll separately)
Medium of Instruction
- Taking up the leadership challenge in the age of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Becoming a better version of yourself and realising the potential of teams
- Leading through inspiring communication and excelling in relationship management
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The hallmark of a great leader is the ability to lead and inspire others to reach greater heights. Becoming a successful leader is one of the most rewarding yet challenging goals for professionals who have transited from an individual contributor to a team leader.
The Leadership and People Management programme explores essential leadership functions relevant to self, people and organisation, in terms of managing changes in a challenging and rapidly evolving business environment, communicating effectively, and developing talents. This dedicated programme for leaders and high potential leaders will enhance their ability to manage with confidence for personal and organisational success.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Professionals who, within the past two years, or who are currently, making the transition from being an individual contributor to a team leader, and are directly responsible for employees;
- Business professionals who lead teams and departments, and are responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of employees;
- Anyone seeking to develop critical leadership skills, become effective leaders, or improve key leadership competencies.
- Uncover and develop your ideal leadership style;
- Gain access to leadership frameworks and practice, and apply these frameworks to energise and motivate your team;
- Test your own leadership effectiveness and enhance your leadership influence within the organisation;
- Develop healthy interpersonal relationships that nurture and inspire your team;
- Acquire tactics to effectively resolve conflicts, influence and empower your team members;
- Learn from prominent industry leaders and peers who have encountered similar challenges;
- Create an action plan to transform learning into results.
A Certificate of Attendance will be presented to the participants who enrol in all modules and achieve at least 70% attendance.
All programmes are non-credit bearing.
Leading High-Performing Teams (2 days)
Day 1: Team Foundations
- Building high-performing teams
- Motivating high-performing teams
- Leading high-performing teams
Day 2: Team Dynamics
- Team complexities: Leading diverse and virtual teams
- Managing team complexities: Understanding opportunities & challenges across teams
- Team dynamics: Individual contributors, team players and sustaining team performance
Effective Business Communication (2 days)
Day 1: Communication for Success
- Persuasive communication: Gaining and using influence
- Delivering and receiving feedback
- The art of active listening
Day 2: Tools for Effective Communication
- Business storytelling 101: Using the power of words to empower others
- Projecting confidence: How to speak so others listen
- Workplace professionalism: Handling difficult people and situations
Interpersonal Relationships & Conflicts (2 days)
Day 1: Interpersonal Relationships
- Relationship foundations: Building psychological safety, resilience, and bonds of trust
- Navigating relational dynamics: Not all relationships are built the same
- Maintaining relationships in a hybrid or virtual world
Day 2: Conflict Management
- Identify, assess, and understand how you manage conflicts
- Strategies for effectively solving conflicts
- Application to various workplace conflict scenarios
Leading Self and Unleashing Potential (2 days)
Day 1: Finding Your True North
- Transitioning from managing self to leading others
- Identify, assess, and understand your leadership qualities, leadership approach, and leadership philosophy
- Enhance your leadership based on your unique leadership style: Coach, motivate, energize and inspire your people
Day 2: Unleash Your Leadership Potential
- Looking back to drive your leadership forward
- From self-leadership to leadership in action: Leading people and organizations
- Developing intentional and purposeful cultures that promote and support growth
The programme adopts a wide range of pedagogical tools to maximise impact, ranging from self-assessment, role-plays, interactive discussions, case studies and exclusive dialogue with prominent industry leaders. Such developmental experience aims to provide you with the opportunity to critically apply the various leadership frameworks and tools to make a difference in your personal and professional life.
Integrating academic rigour and practical relevance, the programme includes discussion of new business cases and workplace scenarios, and involvement of prominent business leaders to provide programme participants with a real-world, hands-on experience.
Dr. Bonnie Hayden CHENG
Management and Strategy
MBA Programme Director
- PhD, University of Toronto
- M.A., University of Toronto
- BSc., University of Toronto
Dr. Cheng is an Associate Professor of Management and MBA Programme Director at HKU Business School. She is also Chief Resilience Officer at Human at Work.
She obtained her PhD degree in Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management from the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. Her research is dedicated to corporate wellness. This includes helping senior executives level up their leadership and creating cultures and teams that thrive in the workplace. She has published in top-tier journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, and Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Her research has been featured in leading media sources such as The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The New York Times, and Harvard Business Review.
She has consulted for Fortune 500 companies such as UBS and AIA, as well as companies including DHL, Hong Kong Airlines, and Konica Minolta
SCHEDULE AND VENUE
|Module 1||Leading High-Performing Teams||17 – 18 November 2023|
|Module 2||Effective Business Communication||1 – 2 December 2023|
|Module 3||Interpersonal Relationships and Conflicts||8 – 9 December 2023|
|Module 4||Leading Self and Unleashing Potential||15 – 16 December 2023|
HKU Business School
K.K. Leung Building
The University of Hong Kong
FEES AND FUNDING
Full programme fee:
HK$48,000 per participant (if enroll 4 modules)
HK$13,000 per module per participant (if enroll modules separately)
|Early Bird||10%||Registration has to be submitted by 30 September 2023.|
|Group||15%||Minimum of three participants from the same organisation registering for the programme.|
|HKU Alumni and Staff||20%||Please indicate your alumni status in your registration, and we will advise and confirm on your eligibility.|
*Only one type of discount can be applied per enrollment. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions, discounts or offers. In the event of a dispute, provision of the discount(s) is subject to the sole discretion and final decision of HKU Business School.